Access the program online at
ART FUTURA 2016 LONDON
Immersive Virtual Reality had its early beginnings in the early sixties but it was in the 90s, when it hit the mainstream, becoming extremely popular.
In January 1990 during the first ArtFutura edition in Barcelona, the public was able to experience for the first time in Europe, a Virtual Reality prototype.
It was an interface presented by Eric Gullichsen from Autodesk. And Scott Fisher, from the NASA’s Ames Research Center, showed videos of his pioneering experiments in Virtual Reality.
Now in its 27th edition, ArtFutura will reflect with the perspective of all these years.
At the Hackney Attic, Art Futura will present its audiovisual program consisting of:
• A special program on Virtual Reality
• 3D Futura Show – Computer graphics. Including works by Studio Smack, James Cunningham, Seccovan, Tomer Eshed, Bose Collins, Camille Chaix, Hugo Jean, Juliette Jourdan, Marie Pillier, Kevin Roger and others.
• Futura Graphics – Digital animations: Shorts, virals, videoclips.
With works by Aardman Studios, Moth, Julius Horsthuis, Stéphane Aubier, Vincent Patar, Kris Merc, Hannes Knutsson and others.
• Artworks – New media and digital artworks in video format. With works by WOW Inc., Théoriz, Sila Sveta Studio, Squidsoup, Daniel Canogar and others.
• Feeding the Web – Works for the Internet. Including works by Moth, Jim Mortleman, Josan and many others.
• Trailing the Games – Selection of the best intros of the gaming world with special emphasis on creativity and design.
Thursday 27, October 2016. Doors at 7:00pm. Screening from 8:00pm to 11:00pm.
Saturday 29, October 2016. Doors at 7:00pm. Screening from 8:00pm to 11:00pm.
Watch last year’s opening:
Laura Plana Gracia
Mobile: 0044(0)7505 922748