Wednesday October 27th, 2010
Phoenix Square Digital Media Centre, Midland Street, Leicester LE1 1TG
Produced by Music, Technology and Innovation
De Montfort University, Leicester
New Media Events 2010-2011
Curator: Bret Battey
Visible Bits, Audible Bytes – An Audio-Visual Symposium and Screening/Performance
* Jaroslaw Kapuscinski http://www.dmu.ac.uk/faculties/humanities/cultural-exchanges/ — Intermedia composer and pianist. Assistant Professor of Composition and Director of the Intermedia Performance Lab at Stanford University.
* Joseph Hyde— Composer, sound and media artist. Senior Lecturer in Creative Music Technology at Bath Spa University.
Symposium (ETC Suite 3) 1.00pm-4.00pm
Presentations and discussion on the theory and practice of audio-visual artworks.
* Joseph Hyde: Noise and Crosstalk (using noise, distortion and artefacts to forge audiovisual interaction)
* Jaroslaw Kapuscinski: What is Intermedia? Where is Chopin?
* Bret Battey: Matching Complex Audio and Visual Gestalts
* Andrew Hill: Understanding Reception, Informing Composition
* Sean Clark: TBA
Concert (Screen 2) 7.30pm-9.00pm
Entry £5 / £2.50 (students/concessions)
* Jaroslaw Kapuscinski: Oli’s Dream (for MIDI piano and realtime computer projection)
* Jaroslaw Kapuscinski: Juicy (for MIDI piano and realtime computer projection)
* Diego Garro: Patah
* Joseph Hyde: Vanishing Point
* Ron Herema: Dancing Wu Wei
* Andrew Hill: Perpetual Motion
* Onur Senturk + Gavin Little: Nokta
* Onur Senturk + Combustion: Triangle
* Semiconductor: 200 Nanowebbers
* Robert Darroll: Stele
* Bret Battey: Sinus Aestum
Box Office: 0116-2422800
Symposium: entry free but reserve a space!
Performance: entry £5 / £2.50 (concessions)
Watch this space for our continuing MTI events series