Call for Artists : Research-creation residency
2011-01-04 until 2011-02-15 Rustines|Labs – Perte de Signal
Montreal, QC, CA Canada
Workshop, residency centre, and venue for dissemination, Rustines|Lab is a creative research-creation lab dedicated to supporting media arts, new media, and audio art projects. The lab’s primary purpose is to provide Perte de Signal members with a place to connect with various actors and practitioners in both local and international contemporary art scenes. It is also devoted to providing emerging artists with production spaces, technical resources, and programs for research-creation to assist in the production of performance and installation projects.
This program offers creative research assistance to local and national artists and artist collectives for the creation of media arts, installation, and performance projects. The residency provides space and equipment at Rustines|Lab for the production of a three (3) to six (6) week creative research project. A curator, critic or theoretician will be invited to collaborate with the artist in residence to draft a text on the creative research project or on the artist’s creative process. Residencies are privileged moments for reflection and creativity in the evolution of an artist’s practice. This program seeks to offer artists in residence a space of encounter to support the development of a creative process. In meetings with the artist and with the drafting of a text, an author participating in the process will assist the artist in reflecting on his or her work.
• To have a media art practices (new media, film, audio art, video).
• The artistic merit of the applicant(s).
• A résumé and a biography;
• An artist statement;
• A brief project description;
• audiovisual support material; Website or DVD
• The residency lasts from 3 to 6 weeks;
• The residency will take place in 2011;
• An 1750$ artist fees is provided;
• A 300$ production budget is available;
• The resident will have full access to the Rustines | Lab;
• The resident will have access to the Lab equipment;
• A selected author will write a critical text on either the artist works or on a specific project.
• For this year, the centre will not participate in the accommodation or transportation of the resident (if, applicable)
• Deadline: February, 15, 2011.
• Application may be individual or collective
• Further information request and submission should be address to .
• Additional support material should follow by regular mail.
• Application may be submitted either in French or English
Rustines|Lab hosts one project per year. The author is appointed by the centre. An equipments list and floor plan of the lab is available on line. The resident artist in 2009 was Blake Carrington Brooklyn; In 2010; Lynn Pook, Berlin.