IdeasTap Presents… The Old Vic 12 offers writers, directors, producers, choreographers, composers and designers the chance to be part of new Artistic Director Matthew Warchus’ first season at the helm of the legendary theatre.
Twelve talented emerging artists will spend nearly a year working together and with The Old Vic team to create three new pieces of work that will be showcased on The Old Vic stage in front of an audience of industry experts and members of the public.
The winners will be mentored, attend workshops and receive cash awards, as well as building professional contacts and enjoying the prestige of being artists attached to The Old Vic.
What you win
– The prestige of being an artist on attachment to The Old Vic Theatre and being one of The Old Vic Twelve
– An award of £1,500 to cover your development time and expenses whilst working on the commission
– A budget of £1,500 to spend on your creative development (purchase equipment/attend a training course)
– Support and mentoring from Old Vic Staff and Old Vic Associates
– Invitations to Old Vic meetings, press nights, special events and workshops throughout the year and unprecedented access to Matthew Warchus’ first season
– The opportunity to work with over emerging practitioners
– Act as consultants to the writers, directors and producers on the three plays as ideas develop over the year
– Contribute to the final showcase
– Attend meetings with other members of The Old Vic 12 and The Old Vic Staff during the development process
– Deliver a masterclass to 20-25 artists who are at an entry level for their careers