Department: Children and Young People’s Services
Business Unit: Libraries & Information Services
Closing Date: 26 September 2007
Job Type: Part-time
Advert: Literature Development Officer
Based at Leicester, New Walk Centre
Salary: 20,896 – 26,187
Scale – Scale 6 / SO
Temporary for 1 Year
Part Time, 18.5 hours a week
To support literature development projects with young people and delivery of the cities live literature programme.
You must have:
– Proven experience in project development in a literary or arts context.
– Experience of working with young people.
– Wide knowledge and understanding of literature in its many forms including live literature, writer development and cross-arts work.
– Ability to manage time and workloads effectively.
– Ability to manage budgets.
– Effective oral and written communication skills.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact : Damien Walter on 0116 2527347
Closing Date: 26/09/2007
Test Date (if applicable) : w/c 15/10/2007
Interview Date: w/c 15/10/2007
Post Number :E4915
The Literature Development Officer initiates, co-ordinates and promotes literature events and supports reader and writer development for the people of Leicester. Due to the continuing development of the role there is now a need for a temporary, part-time position to take over specific projects relating to young people and support general literature development. The Literature Development Officer will deliver the Leicester Book of the Year Award for Teenage Fiction and the Creative Reading Groups network as well as supporting the Children’s and Young Peoples Services team with delivery of the Our Best Book Award, and will support the delivery of the cities live literature programme. The post would ideally suit a person with experience of arts administration and work with young people.