The Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement in Digital Art
The Distinguished Artist Award is awarded annually to an artist who has created a substantial and important body of work that significantly advances aesthetic content in the field of digital art.
Nominations are due by December 20, 2010, sent to Cynthia Beth Rubin, the Awards chair, and should include:
(use form here http://www.siggraph.org/gen-info/contact.php?default=Arts%20Award%20Chair)
• Name(s) of the individual(s) being nominated (address and/or phone number and/or email address are also appreciated).
• References to websites with the artist’s works and texts when applicable (multiple references are welcome).
• Nominator’s name, address, telephone number, fax number, and email address.
A statement by the nominator describing the significance of the artist’s contributions according to the following criteria:
(not all criteria have to be met)
• The Artist has been contributing internationally to the digital arts for more than Twenty (20) years.
• The Artist has produced important work(s) that is(are) referenced in digital art history/theory papers/books.
• The Artist has established an unexplored area in the field of digital art/media art.
• The Artist has been advancing the use of digital technologies in creative expression.
• The Artist has contributed to the history and/or theory and/or practice of digital art through writing and presentations at conferences and symposia.