Who we are:
The Present Group is a quarterly art subscription service. Every year TPG subscribers receive four limited edition works from four different contemporary artists. Each work is accompanied by information to help them gain insight into the piece, its creator, and recurring themes in the contemporary art world.
What we are looking for:
Proposals for projects that are reproducible in intent. Each piece can be a limited edition, an artist multiple, or either a part of or a document of a larger work. Our current edition numbers are under 100. We choose based on the piece’s Visual, Conceptual, and/or Experiential interest. The project will be made exclusively through The Present Group. We understand that similar themes and images may be used throughout your other work, however you agree not to create the exact project in the same form again.
Appreciation for Selected Artists:
* $500 (This is an honorarium outside of the costs of creating the work-which we cover)
* 4 of the produced work for your own collection or to sell on your own.
* All the contextual information we create for your piece, including artist info, critiques, and video will remain free on-line as long as TPG exists
Your proposal should include:
* Contact Information: Name, Address, Phone Number, E-mail, Website (if it applies)
* Project Proposal:
1. What you want to do.
2. How this work will relate to/expand on current themes in your work
3. Anything (sketches, photos. . .) to help you explain your idea.
* Links to Artist Resume, Statement, Work Samples
We have a rolling submissions policy and review proposals four times a year. The our next review date is AUGUST 8TH, 2007. Everyone who applies will be contacted by e-mail.
Submit Via Email:
Include all of your contact information in the body of your email.
Your proposal may be included in the body of the email, attached, or linked. We much prefer links to web sites or files. If you must use attachments, limit it to three. We will not open more. We prefer .PDFs or .JPGs. We will not accept attached video.
or Via Snail Mail:
The Present Group
593 8th Street #3
Oakland, CA 94607
Send us anything you feel will help us understand your background and/or proposal. We will accept any form of media. If you’d like your sample material returned please include a SASE with proper postage.
Download guidelines here: http://www.thepresentgroup.com/TPG-submissions.pdf
For more information about The Present Group go to: http://www.thepresentgroup.com