Artists receive a 1100$ stipend and free lodging for the eight-week period of the residence. They also have access to an individual studio space, a woodworkshop, various tools, mainly for wood – but also metal and stone, technical and logistical support, certain electronic equipment… and a bicycle.
Your application must include:
– A resume (maximum two pages, Word (.doc / .rtf ) or PDF format);
– An artist statement (maximum one page, Word (.doc / .rtf ) or PDF format);
– A letter of intention explaining the residency project you wish to undertake (maximum one page, Word (.doc / .rtf ) ou PDF format);
– A visual portfolio (maximum 20 images, .ti ou .jpg formats and /or video on DVD/CD-ROM);
– A self-adressed stamped-envelope for the return of your documents (canadian stamps or a minimum of 6 international coupons);
– The completed application form.
Est-Nord-Est is an artist-run centre which offers, through its residency program, technical support and a critical context to artists engaged in the processof research / creation. Three residencies are oered per year, in the spring, summer and fall. Up to four artists and a curator or a writer may participate in each residence, eight weeks for the artists, four weeks for the curator or the writer. This is a unique occasion for both the artists and other art professionals to step out of their normal everyday situation to pursue a research project in a dierent, stimulating, vibrant environment; one characterised by the rural setting, the friendly welcome attentive to everyone’s needs, the abundance of local resources, the quality of the technical and logistical assistance and the richness of the exchange with the other participants of various origins participating in the residence.
Periods of residency 2012
April 30 to June 22,
July 2 to August 24
September 10 to November 2