Axis ( www.axisweb.org ) is the UK’s online resource for information about contemporary art and artists. The website includes a directory of over 2400 current practising artists in the UK and a series of programmes designed to keep you up-to-date with current developments in contemporary British art.
Dialogue ( www.axisweb.org/dialogue ) is Axis’s free online art journal, generating new critical writing on contemporary art practice. A platform for contrary opinions and broad discussion, each issue prompts and engages in topical debates and critically explores the practice of the artists represented across the Axis website. Dialogue is produced in quarterly editions with essays, interviews, reviews and documented discussions. Future issues will also contain podcasts, audio clips, video clips and an online forum.
Are you an artist / curator / arts professional / writer and keen to contribute to future issues of Dialogue? We are currently looking for features for issues 7 and 8 to be published in October 2007 and January 2008. To be considered for commission all we need from you is a proposal outline (under 500 words) and a CV.
Go to www.axisweb.org/cfp for full submission guidelines.
See past issues of Dialogue online at www.axisweb.org/dialogue
– Issue 1 Economies of Expectation and Exposure, examines how artists’ negotiate and exploit artworld structures to promote their practice.
– Issue 2 In Search of Research, investigates the different ways in which artists’ research informs their practice.
– Issue 3 Inside the Interview: Exploring the Workings of the Artist Interview highlights the complex issues, formats and contexts of artist interviews.
– Issue 4 Art into Science into Art considers the distinctions that set art and science apart.
– Issue 5 Burning Public Art, features a series of discussions about developing projects in the public sphere.
For more information please contact
Clare Jackson, Editor, Axis, Round Foundry Media Centre, Foundry Street, Leeds, LS11 5QP, United Kingdom, T 0870 443 0701, F 0870 443 0703, E