ASPECT: The Chronicle of New Media Art, an international biannual dvd publication, is currently accepting submissions of work best documented in a time-based format for Volume 12: Vital. This issue will explore that which is essential, grave, indispensable, and/or critical to existence.
In addition to seeking artists, the staff of ASPECT is asking curators, art critics, and members of the contemporary art community to help assemble and comment on works for the next issue by submitting a work of art on which they wish to provide audio commentary. Due to the format of the publication, the criteria for selection will include both the qualifications of the commentator and the quality of the work submitted. Audio recordings of the commentary will be assembled after the submissions have been selected.
Submissions should include:
– Video documentation of a work or small group of works by a single artist (5-10 minutes)
– A brief (100 word) statement regarding the submitted work
– Resume of the artist
– Contact information for the commentator and artist
– Resume of the commentator
– Brief notes outlining the contents of the proposed commentary
Submissions must be received by March 26, 2008 and sent to:
ASPECT: The Chronicle of New Media Art
46 Waltham Street, suite 103
Boston, MA 02118
All artists will be contacted via email regarding their submission no later than April 28, 2008
For more information see our FAQ: